Friday 21 June 2013

POETRY CORNER INTRODUCTION


I’ve been writing poetry since I was a teenager and am gathering it all together – in no particular order - on this blog. Each poem will appear with a date denoting its completion, along with a picture and a contextual note in italics.

Hopefully, the pictures and notes will help make the poems a more accessible and perhaps more attractive proposition in terms of presentation. Sometimes the picture will have a direct relevance to the poem, sometimes it may be more abstract. The notes will not attempt to explain what the poems are about, but will instead offer contextual details which I think may be of interest.

I’m reasonably sure that the poems are not inaccessible, but I am aware that poetry can be rather a daunting prospect. The pictures and notes are designed to make the reading experience a more inviting one.

I took the photographs where specified in the notes; other pictures appear courtesy of Google Images. The older I get, the harder it becomes to find a halfway decent picture of myself. The one above was taken in Fuerteventura in 2012 by Lisa. I think I look reasonably presentable - apart from the bandaged toe (one of a long series of holiday injuries). But hey, at least it's colour co-ordinated!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment