Friday 13 June 2014

All About The Angles & Reflections Blog

This blog is mainly an on-going record of how I've been keeping myself amused since taking early retirement a few years ago. It also contains a good deal of material completed prior to then - often long before. 

I've tried to make the content as easy to access and interesting to read as I know how. Hopefully, people even less computer-savvy than I am will be able to navigate their way around the blog with little trouble.

There are four sections, each of which has a separate introduction. The Underrated Albums series was the original motivation to set up the blog. It's part of my Jukebox For A Brain writings on popular music, which also features in the Other Prose section. You will also find my memoir, Fosse Road Days, about growing up in Leicester during the 1950s and '60s there. The Photo Gallery section contains four albums (Britain, Europe, Leicester & Miscellaneous) of some of the best pictures I've taken in recent years. Finally, Poetry Corner features work stretching back to the 1970s, accompanied by more of my pictures and short contextual notes. The pieces on music are illustrated by pictures used courtesy of Google Images (as are some of the poems).

If this blog turns out to be as user-friendly as intended, then it is in no small part thanks to John Coster, editor of  the Citizens' Eye Documentary Media Consultancy in Leicester.  I am a slow learner when it comes to technology and John has been a model of generosity and patience in developing my computer skills up from Neanderthal right into the last century...I should also thank my wife, Lisa for her technical assistance.

Anyway, I hope Angles & Reflections proves to be as entertaining to read as it is for me to write.

Ian Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment